VertecBio ELSOL KTR2 is the perfect MIBK alternative (methyl isobutyl ketone). With better cleaning power, high-performance usage, and dramatic savings, this bio-based solvent is the new, best option for your industrial, pharmaceutical, or chemical needs. Review the full product specifications by clicking on our product bulletin or continue reading below.
What is MIBK and Why are Alternatives Necessary?
Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK) is a highly soluble liquid derived from petroleum. It has been highly used in a wide array of applications and products. As a solvent, paint, rubber, and chemical additive, machinery factories have relied heavily on this chemical in the past.
MIBK is also used extensively in pesticide, pharmaceutical, and even some food applications. Additionally, many home products use MIBK including cleaners, dyes, automotive chemicals, shoe polish, furniture polish, and even pet flea and tick medicine.
Exposure to low levels of MIBK has been shown to cause headaches, weakness, and burning of the eyes, nose, and throat. Others experience symptoms of vomiting, loss of appetite, and stomach pain. MIBK is listed on U.S. California Proposition 65 as a carcinogen.
Our patented VertecBio ELSOL KTR2 is the perfect alternative to protect your employees, your customers, and the wider world.
Best Uses for our MIBK Alternative
- VertecBio ELSOL KTR2 is a powerful, bio-based replacement for highly dangerous MIBK products
- Exceptional performance as a solvent for formulations
- Effective solvent for paint, coatings, and ink formulations
Usage and Environmental Benefits
In addition to delivering superior cleaning power and reduced usage needs when compared to MIBK, ELSOL KTR2 provides the following benefits:
- Dries completely and leaves no residue
- 20-30 percent more efficient in viscosity reduction than MIBK
- Provides excellent flow characteristics in formulation
- High loading capacity
- 100 percent biodegradable to carbon dioxide and water
- No ozone depleting chemicals (ODCs)
- No environmentally hazardous ingredients
- No hazardous air pollutants (HAPs)
- Manufactured in U.S
Contact us today to purchase or find out more about VertecBio ELSOL KTR2!