Stronger cleaning power, reduced solvent usage for improvements, and savings across the board - these are just a few of the benefits of VertecBio's ELSOL KTR1, a bio-based MEK Alternative (methyl ethyl ketone). Review the full product specifications by clicking on our product bulletin or continue reading below.
What is MEK & Why are Alternatives Necessary?
Methyl ethyl ketone is a water-soluble chemical frequently used as a commercial cleaner and solvent. Because of how flammable and volatile this chemical is, extra precautions and expenses must be taken to transport and store MEK. Additionally, when workers are exposed to MEK through the air or by direct contact, it can lead to serious health concerns. Our patented ELSOL KTR1 product negates both detrimental aspects and provides several additional benefits.
Best Uses for our MEK Alternative
- ELSOL KTR1 is a powerful, bio-based replacement for highly volatile MEK products.
- Exceptional performance as a solvent for formulations.
- Effective solvent for paint, coatings and ink formulations.
Usage and Environmental Benefits
In addition to delivering superior cleaning power and reduced usage needs when compared to MEK, ELSOL KTR1 provides the following benefits:
- Dries completely and leaves no residue.
- 20-30 percent more efficient in viscosity reduction than MEK.
- Provides excellent flow characteristics in formulation.
- High loading capacity.
- 100 percent biodegradable to carbon dioxide and water.
- No ozone depleting chemicals (ODCs).
- No environmentally hazardous ingredients.
- No hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
- Manufactured in U.S.
Contact us today to purchase or find out more about VertecBio ELSOL KTR1!