VertecBio ELSOL BCR is a bio-based Butyl Cellosolve replacement solvent that dries completely and leaves behind no residue. An extremely versatile product with excellent performance, this product is the perfect alternative to create safer cleaning agents. Review the full product specifications by clicking on our product bulletin or continue reading below.
What is Butyl Cellosolve & Why Are Alternatives Necessary?
Butyl Cellosolve is used in countless industrial and commercial cleaners. While many of these products claim to be non-hazardous, the incorporation of Butyl Cellosolve can cause a variety of health issues depending upon the exposure levels.
Negative health effects of short-term exposure to this chemical include, irritation to the eyes, nose, throat, and skin, dizziness, unconsciousness, abdominal pain, nausea, and more. Long term effects include blood disorders, central nervous system depression, pulmonary edema, and liver or kidney damage. It has also been shown to be capable of damaging developing fetuses.
These serious health concerns necessitate the existence of a replacement solvent, and ELSOL BCR is the perfect alternative to protect your employees and your business. Read our recent article to learn more about the dangers of Butyl Cellosolve.
- VertecBio ELSOL BCR is a powerful, bio-based replacement for Butyl Cellosolve, able to be used in a wide range of products.
- ELSOL BCR offers exceptional performance as a cleaning solvent blend for formulations.
- It is also highly effective for use in paint, coating, and ink solvency formulations.
Usage and Environmental Benefits
In addition to delivering quality cleaning power and extreme versatility, ELSOL BCR provides the following benefits:
- 20-30 percent more efficient in viscosity reduction than Butyl Cellosolve
- Excellent flow characteristics when in formulation
- High loading capacity
- Easy and inexpensive to distill or recycle
- 100 percent biodegradable to carbon dioxide and water
- Carbon neutral
- No ozone depleting chemicals (ODCs)
- No environmentally hazardous ingredients
- Safe, non-toxic, non-carcinogenic
- No hazardous air pollutants (HAPs)
- Manufactured in U.S
Contact us today to receive additional purchasing information or find out more about VertecBio ELSOL BCR!